A Sweet Treat for Turkey Day
By Jalila Waller
With Thanksgiving fast approaching, everybody wants to fill their stomachs with Thanksgiving dinner.
Though everyone loves to eat their cakes and pies for dessert, a simple cannoli dip for Thanksgiving serves as just the dish for a fun treat to eat after the big meal.
This recipe is very simple and only takes about 10 minutes to prepare.
My mother came across this unique recipe online.
- 2 cups of ricotta cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups of confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cups of miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Mix the ricotta cheese and cream cheese together in a bowl and beat until smooth.
- Then add sugar and vanilla extract.
- Continue to stir the mixture until sugar and vanilla extract are completely mixed in.
- Add chocolate chips into the mixture and mix together.
- Finally cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least for 10 minutes.
You can serve the dip in a cannoli, use Pizzelle cookies, or waffle cones. You can make the dip into a sandwich or just crumble the cookies into the dip. How to enjoy this awesome dip is up to you!
Recipe Source: Megan, Terra-Matris, Holiday Baker, SuzieQ, Cookie734, Becky Jensen Lehneis, Sara, Jeneen, SHEILA226, and Tracy. "Cannoli Dip Recipe." Allrecipes. N.p., 28 Dec. 2013. Web. 15 Nov. 2016.